Halibut - Mediterranean Style
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and set over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook until lightly golden, from 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a plate.
- (If using fillets, remove skin, if you wish.) Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add wine to pan, then stir in Italian seasoning.
- Boil, stirring occasionally over medium-high heat, until wine is reduced by half, from 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and capers.
- Return fish and any accumulated juices to pan.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue to cook, turning fish halfway through, until firm to the touch and a knife tip inserted into thickest part of fish comes out warm- from 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place fish on dinner plates and spoon sauce overtop.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!