Halibut in a Wine and Caper Sauce
We were the luckly recepients of fresh halibut recently. The simplicity of the preparation made the taste of the fish shine through and take centre stage. I would have rated this, or in some cases, better than some 5 star restaurants. Weight Watcher Friendly 3 points
- Ready In:
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb halibut
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add more oil if necessary.
- Sprinkle halibut lightly with salt and a good shaking of freshly ground pepper. (watch the salt as the capers can be on the salty side).
- Sear the halibut lightly on both sides. Remove the halibut to a large dish with sides.
- Deglaze the skillet with the white wine and lemon juice. Pour over the halibut.
- Cook the fish for 12 - 15 minutes or until it lightly flakes.
- Serve with some of the browned wine/caper sauce over the fish.