Half Moon Cookie Frosting
photo by MsBindy
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- Cream the butter in a small bowl.
- Blend in the confectioners sugar, vanilla, alternately with the 1/3 cup milk.
- Beat until the consistency is creamy, with no lumps!
- Remove just over half the frosting into a separate bowl, leaving the remainder to be turned into chocolate frosting.
- To the mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup cocoa powder, plus 1-2 Tbsp of additional milk.
- Beat until the cocoa is all mixed in and the frosting is nice and smooth.
- Frost the BOTTOM of the half-moon cookies. Half of the cookie should be frosted with the white frosting. Half the cookie should be frosted with the chocolate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The vanilla portion of the frosting was decent, but WOW and again I saw WOW, when you add the cocoa powder and tsp of milk to the rest!!! That was the BEST chocolate frosting I've ever made! It tastes just like from the can, which is usually not a compliment, but I personally love the taste and texture of it!!! Mmmm! Thank you! I also made the cookie using your recipe and that was wonderful too!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<embed src="http://walkertracker.com/badge/v1/flashbadge.swf?id=Ms*Bindy&date=20070316" width="140" height="200" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></embed> <a href="http://walkertracker.com/walker.php?Ms*Bindy&i=1eb0d8f2e3b" title="A walking community for pedometer geeks">View Ms*Bindy's Step Blog at Walker Tracker</a>