Haddock With Fresh Summer Vegetables
photo by morgainegeiser
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 small red potatoes, sliced thin
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (optional)
- 4 slices lemons, thin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (* may substitute with fresh lemon juice mixed with water)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the potatoes, onion, red pepper flakes, thyme, garlic powder and salt.
- Over moderate heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a 9" baking pan add lemon slices, place fish over the lemon and top with zucchini, yellow pepper and tomatoe.
- Pour the wine over fish and vegetables.
- Top with the potatoe mixture and garnish with parmsean.
- Cover and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This a lovely recipe, which is a full meal in one casserole. I like the addition of potatoes. I also liked that it had red pepper flakes, garlic and thyme, as a matter of fact I think it could have used more spices - next time I will add more garlic and maybe a drop or two of hot sauce. I also will add more cheese for my husband. But all in all a nice fish dish. Made for ZWT8.
Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful...and a beautiful plate to present. I made as instructed only cutting the recipe for two. Definately would make this again for company. It really helps to precook the vegies before and I sliced the squash fairly thin to make sure it got done with the rest. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game 2011.
This is a delicious dish, and it makes a lovely presentation IF you use a nice firm fish. (The first time I made it I used cod, which the guy at the fish counter said was "the same as haddock"--well, it was tasty all right, but it completely fell to pieces, making the presentation somewhat chaotic. Fortunately we were with dear friends!)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.