Hacienda Onion Salad
photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 large sweet onion, halved thinly sliced (vidalia, Texas 1015, Maui Sweet, OSO)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, sweet onion, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and olive oil.
- Toss well: garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh this was SO good! I made this to accompany our Welsh Rabbit and it was a perfect foil for the tangy melted cheese on toast! Maybe not a traditional accompaniment - but it did work well! I did not have enough fresh coriander/cilantro in the garden - so I added a little bit of fresh flat leaf parsley to plump up the greens element! I used a lovely local red onion and this salad was simple and yet very sophisticated. Made for ZWT3 and thoroughly enjoyed! FT:-)
see 2 more reviews