Gyro Burger With Greek Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A hearty burger/slad recipe by rachael ray.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1 handful, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced into small pieces
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 lb feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- coarse salt
- whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- Preheat a grill pan, large nonstick skillet, or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl combine the ground meat with the yogurt, parsley, garlic, spices, and seasonings. Form 8 3-inch patties. Drizzle the patties with olive oil and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side in 2 batches. Hold the cooked patties on a plate under foil.
- In a large, shallow serving bowl combine the cucumber, bell pepper, celery, red onion, tomatoes, feta, olives, and peperoncini. Dress the salad with lemon juice and salt. Toss, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, and toss again. Taste to adjust seasonings. Top the salad with the patties and serve with pita bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION