photo by andypandy
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven 400°F, 200°C, Gas 6.
- Roll out pastry and use to line 10 inch (25cm) flan ring and bake blind for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Let it cool.
- Whisk evaporated milk and sugar together for 10-15 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 10 minutes.
- It will have a slightly sticky top but will not set completely until it has cooled completely.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I cant believe that I didn't already review this as I have made it successfully three times now. I used 385 ml carnation milk, 2 1/4 cups brown sugr...and followed the directions....it was bubbly around the edges but same jiggily accross whole pie. I did make this in a round pizza deep dish pan, but if using a tart pan with removeable bottom I would suggest placing on a cookie sheet also. I used my sweet short cheesecake crust....Yummy smooth, not runny works out perfectly...also left out at room temperature for days and crust dosent get soggy, and still great.... This is almost like butter tarts or pecan pie filling... only no raisins or nuts...
This recipe sounds so simple, but I have made it several times (twice today!) and it A) always comes out different and B) never tastes the way it used to at school. I have also tried boiling the evaporated in milk (still in the can) in a pan of water and then cooling it, before whipping it with the sugar, which improved it a bit. There must be a knack in it!