Gwen's Original Squash Casserole
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 4 cups yellow squash (sliced)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces cornbread stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- black pepper
- Place squash, carrots and onions in medium pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and continue to cook till fork tender. Drain well in collander.
- Melt the stick of butter in bottom of casserole. Mix in the cornbread stuffing. (Reserve half of mixture to use as topping).
- Spread other half on the bottom of the casserole.
- Combine cream of chicken and sour cream with the drained squash. Add black pepper to taste.
- Add to casserole dish and then top with remaining cornbread topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until it bubbles around edges and is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Greatest of all, I am a Mom! The true miracle in my life so far is my beautiful daughter, Emily Rose. She is the joy of my life. My husband and I were blessed after nine years of marriage to finally be able to have her. I am also an artist. I love to paint with acrylics and I also use colored pencils. Perfectionist is my middle name. I am passionate about cooking. I love to cook for my daughter (who at almost three years old is not the easiest to please at the moment) and my husband, Tim. I have been more excited about cooking since discovering Recipezaar. It makes cooking and shopping for the ingredients easier. I just started adding some of my favorite recipes to the site and can't wait to see if anyone tries them. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get "good" reviews. <br /><br /><img alt="" src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" /> <br /><br /><img alt="Photobucket" src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" /></p>