Gulf Coast Shrimp and Vegetables - South Beach Diet Recipe (Phas
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 lb shrimp, in the shell peeled and deveined (about 12 ounces after peeling)
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin 2-inch-long strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- * Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- * Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic.
- * Sauté until limp, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- * Push the onion mixture to the edges of the skillet.
- * Add the shrimp and zucchini; sprinkle with thyme and red pepper flakes.
- * Sauté until the shrimp are opaque, 4 to 5 minutes.
- * Toss to mix well. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband and I have just started cutting back on the comfort food carbs and this recipe was just the right thing to start out with! It was such a refreshing tasty meal. I am usually not a fan of spicy food, but I added the crushed red pepper anyway, and it turned out delicious. The spice wasn't over baring at all and both of us decided that if I hadn't it would have been too bland. I also used already cooked shrimp from the seafood counter, to cut down on cooking time. Thanks for sharing!