Easy to prepare--spicy but not too hot. It is a great accompaniment from anything from buffets to barbecues.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb potato, cooked, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil in saucepan; fry mustard seeds until they start to pop. Add the onion and continue frying on low heat until the onion turns a golden colour.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and chili powder; stir. Add the cooked potatoes and turn gently to coat well. Sprinkle with salt.
- Can be served hot or cold, heats well in a microwave, but must be heated uncovered. Can be made the day before and kept in the fridge.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Loved these potatoes - just the right amount of flavor. Served them alongside Indonesian Chicken skewers and they were absolutely delicious. You are correct, these potatoes are good warm and also at room temperature. I'm quite sure they will make great leftovers as well. Will definitely make these wonderful potatoes again. Made for Make My Recipe Reunion tag, December, 2012.
Excellent recipe. I made a double batch and made a few adjustments. Used 2 pounds of potatoes, a double mix of spices but only two onions. Also added a couple of tablespoons of chopped coriander (cilantro) stems at the very end. One of our guests doesn't cope well with chilli, so I used paprika instead. I look forward to making these with the heat, but they were completely delicious without it. Thanks so much for posting.