Guinness Soaked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you have a bit of time, this is a great rib recipe to play with.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 2 baby back rib racks
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Guinness stout or (10 ounce) can other dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed (fresh ground is better)
- fennel seed (to taste)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of
In the blender:
- Onion, garlic (tons), Guinness, honey, brown sugar,molasses, mixed peppercorn, coriander seed, fennel seed, kosher salt, chili flakes, fresh squeezed OJ and zest. I think that is it. Reserve some for glaze.
- Soak the ribs in the snoose overnight. Smoke approx 2.5 hr in applewood with the BBQ on low (about 120 degrees).
- Remove from heat and let rest for about 20 minutes before slicing into individual ribs.
- Meanwhile, reduce snoose with molasses more guiness, maybe a bit more orange zest (to taste) and a touch more honey.
- Crank the heat up on the bbq, slather ribs and cook till brown and beautiful.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION