Guinness Slow Cooker Beef Pot Pie
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 2 -3 lbs stewing beef (I used the family size pkg. from walmart)
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup mushroom (either cut up reg. or small whole button mushrooms)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1 (440 ml) can Guinness stout
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, with onion (do not add water)
- 1 (8 ounce) package puff pastry
- In a large bowl toss stewing beef with flour, salt & pepper. In large skillet heat oil and brown beef, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place beef and all ingredients except mushroom soup in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for approximately 5-6 hours.
- Turn off the cooker and pour in condensed soup, thoroughly mix.
- Set oven to 350F deg.
- Roll out enough puff pastry to cover your dish.
- Spray your casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon stew mixture into casserole and cover completely with puff pastry.
- Place dish on foil covered cookie sheet and bake until pastry is "puffed up" and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes to set and serve with your fav. veggie/side salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!