Guinness Beer Bread
Great-tasting variety on traditional beer bread, this one only lasts a couple of days around my house.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add Guinness and eggs; stir just until blended.
- Pour into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 375F for approximately 70 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I’m on the fence with this recipie. The outter crust was almost too hard. The inside was perfect & very tasty. I’ll probably make croutons with the leftovers. Made this to go with Guinness beef stew. Glad I made it. Has been on my list. Next time, I’ll cut it to 3 cups of flour. & bake it at a lower temp. Thanks!Reply
see 29 more