- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet dry active yeast
- 1 cup milk, Scalded Then Cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, rind of, Grated
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, Ground (2 oz Pk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour, Unbleached, Unsifted
- Sprinkle yeast into milk to dissolve.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, lemon rind, raisins, and almonds.
- Mix salt and flour.
- Add milk and flour mixtures, alternately, ending with the flour mixture.
- Grease a gugelhopf mold*, budt pan, or tube pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F.
- Oven for 40 minutes or until browned and done.
- Serve warm with butter.
- * The gugelhopf mold is know also as a turban-head pan.
- If this is not availiable, you can use the others with the same results.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"