Guatemalan Hot Chocolate
- Ready In:
- Grate the chocolate into top part of a double boiler over boiling water. Add the water until a smooth paste is formed.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch. Add to chocolate paste.
- Gradually stir in the coffee. Beat until smooth. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and milk. Blend thoroughly.
- Cook mixture for for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, beat with rotary beater until frothy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been using this website for YEARS under the name Candace Michelle but when it switched over to food.com, I couldn't log into my old account for some reason. So, if you would like to see my older recipes, click on over to that member page!</p>