Guajillo Chile Sauce
photo by Chef Jeff S.
- Ready In:
- 9 guajillo chilies, stemmed, seeded and rinsed
- 2 ancho chilies, stemmed, seeded and rinsed
- 2 hot new mexico peppers, stemmed, seeded and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, ground
- 2 -3 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- Start 6-8 cups of water boiling.
- Put chilies in boiling water, turn heat to a slow simmer. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer chiles to a blender and discard water. Add garlic, cumin, oregano, Adobo Seco and chicken stock to blender with chilies and puree 45-60 seconds until smooth.
- Strain chili mixture into a large bowl. Use immediately or freeze for later.
- Makes 2 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Amateur cook and photographer. Love to dapple in both while on this journey to retirement with the wife. Love the one you're with. Laugh a lot. Live with brio.