Guacamole Muy Facil
I don't like guacamole to compete with the other dishes when preparing a Mexican feast. My tamales, beans, rice, etc. don't like the competition if the guacamole has too many ingredients; trying to steal the limelight. This is a condiment that I can throw together with very few ingredients, substituting as necessary. No chunky guacamole for me, this is creamy, delicious and simple!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup sour cream (read *Note) or 1/4-1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt (read *Note)
- 1 lime, juice of
- *Note: My husband however insists on using homemade mayonnaise when he prepares guacamole. I felt obligated to point that out.
- In serving bowl, juice the lime.
- Scoop the avocado into the bowl with the lime and lightly mash the ingredients together to stop the avocados from turning brown.
- Next add the salt, a few dashes of pepper and the sour cream, mashing the avocado mixture with fork until very smooth. Adjust seasoning and add more lime juice if necessary.
- Cover bowl well and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Guacamole is best eaten within a day. Leftover guacamole doesn't exist in our household.
- Yield: approximately 1 cup.