Gruyere Squash Casserole
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 lbs yellow squash, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (I use Ritz)
- Cook the onions until lightly brown.
- Add the squash, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mayo, 1 cup of the cheese, and 1 cup of the crumbled crackers.
- Pour into a 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese, then remaining crackers.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!