Grown up Chicken Fingers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe comes from Mitzi's Restaurant in Winipeg, Canada. Technically this is a Chinese restaurant but 80% of their business is these.
- Ready In:
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN FINGERS
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch-long-by-1-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups finely ground fresh breadcrumbs or 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- canola oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, dill, mustard powder, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, toss together the chicken, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and mustard; set aside.
- Prepare 3 separate shallow dishes - 1 with flour, 1 with eggs, and 1 with breadcrumbs.
- Pour 2" of oil into a Dutch oven and heat over medium high heat to a temperature of 325 degrees F.
- Working in batches coat chicken in flour, shake, dip in egg, coat in breadcrumbs; fry until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION