Ground Pork Sandwiches
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground pork (NOT pork sausage)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- chopped sweet onion
- dill pickle slices
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Make 4 large, flattened patties from the ground pork.
- Dredge first in flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
- Fry on high heat in about 1/8" of vegetable oil until crisp and golden brown.
- Heat buns in the microwave for a minute, wrapped in a kitchen towel.
- Serve garnishes separately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband and I loved this recipe ! I used panko breadcrumbs and they were very brown and crunchy. We ate the first 2 patties on hamburger buns and made a completely different meal from the other 2 patties the next day. I bought a jar of heinz pork gravy and served it over the patties with mashed potatoes and peas. Delicious ! Thank you .
I'm a native Indiana girl, and let me tell you, we love our pork fritters! These were excellent. I also used panko, like another reviewer, and these patties were crunchy and brown on the outside but juicy on the inside. I did fry for about 10 minutes, but didn't want them to be too brown. So I finished them up in the oven at 400 for about 5-10 more minutes. I plan to buy more ground pork and make these ahead to freeze. Thank you so much for posting. I never would have thought of this one on my own!
see 4 more reviews