Ground Elk Tacos With BBQ Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground elk, burger
- 2 tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 onion (red or white sliced)
- 6 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup mild green chili (diced)
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 radishes (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- 6 ounces beer (Recommend Dos Equis or Modelo)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic clove in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground elk and cook for five minutes or until meat begins to brown. Add salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chipotle pepper and cumin to the elk meat. Continue to stir until thoroughly cooked. Turn heat to low and add ½ bottle of the beer to your elk meat. Continue to cook on low while you BBQ your vegetables.
- Pre-heat barbecue to high temperature.
- Coat green onions, tomatoes, sliced onion with olive oil and salt. Place vegetables direct on grill. Turn vegetables as needed until they become slightly charred. While cooking your vegetables, place flour or corn tortillas direct on grill and cook about 1 minute on each side until warm. Remove vegetables and tortillas from grill when ready.
- Place tortilla on plate, add a heaping spoonful of elk burger, add a few red onions, green onion and cooked tomato. I like to then add a few mild green chilies, some shredded cabbage and sliced radish for the additional crunch. Enjoy… I know we did!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy everything outdoors... especially hunting, fishing and taking pictures of Nevada's Landscapes. My most enjoyable hobby has been developing creative and easy recipes for cooking up our recent Elk and Goose meat. I developed NevadaFoodies to share these recipes and photographs of both the food and the great Nevada outdoors.