Ground Beef, Veggie & Rice Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great one-dish meal that gives you something different to do with that ground beef defrosting in your fridge.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini (I use grilled peppers, 8 ounces)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package nacho cheese soup mix (2 envelopes)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef, celery & onion until beef is brown & veggies are tender (drain fat).
- Trim the ends from the zucchini & cut it in half lengthwise then slice crosswise. You can use any veggie(s) really, I like this with grilled peppers myself.
- In a 13x9x2 inch baking dish combine meat mixture, rice, zucchini, tomatoes, milk, mushrooms, soup mix, basil & pepper (I tend to add chili powder too). Mix well.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- You may add the shredded cheddar during the last few minutes of cooking or use as a topping before serving.
- Stir before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION