Ground Beef Curry
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots
- 1 cup peas
- Brown meat and onions in oil.
- Stir in salt, pepper, curry powder and turmeric and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add jam, vinegar, sugar, tomato and water and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cook 30 minute.
- Add frozen peas and warm through.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice and Mrs. Balls Peach Chutney.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I like the curry and turmeric flavours in this dish, but not the vinegar as much. I'm thinking the first simmering could be shorter and once potatoes and carrots are added, it could simmer longer...these veggies were only just done at 30 min and didn't carry the curry flavour of the dish. A crockpot may indeed be a way to enhance and round out the quality of this curry for me. Thanks for posting.