Ground Beef Con Mole Tacos
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped (1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped (1 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate or 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup yellow hominy, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
- In a large skillet, cook beef until browned. Remove beef from skillet, drain, and keep warm.
- In same skillet, healt oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in sweet pepper, onion, and 1/2 tsp salt for about 5 minutes or until onions and peppers are softened.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in chocolate, sesame seeds, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until spices are fragrant (be careful not to burn mixture).
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in Sherry. Return skillet to heat. Add ground beef, the tomato sauce, hominy, & olives. Cook and stir until mixture is combined and thickened. Stir in cilantro. Season to taste with additional salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!