Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup (Easy and Delicious)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large soup pot over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, worchestershire sauce, potato, frozen vegetables, soup mix and sugar.
- Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato and vegetables are cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Tucson but moved to Colorado in 1989 and live in a household with my husband, Dad, daughter and 3-year old twin granddaughters. Our 8-year old grandson spends 2 nights a week with us. All of that adds up to often difficult menu ideas to met everyone's tastes. Zaar is very addicting and I love trying the recipes I find here. I like to find recipes of people that I see are still active on Zaar and love it when I hear back from the Chef after I review the recipe. Everytime someone reviews one of my recipes, I like to find one of theirs to make and review as quickly as possible. It's a way for me to find great chefs I don't know yet too! My husband has high blood sugar so we try to watch our carbs, but it is not easy because we love them so much! I was diagnosed with brain tumors in 2005 and so far have had 5 surgeries that have left my eyelid droopy. I hope to have a surgery that will correct that soon!! There is still one tumor they have not removed but my wonderful doctor James Garrity at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN says they will leave it alone until or if it ever causes problems!