Ground Beef and Twice-Baked Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (24 ounce) package refrigerated garlic-flavor mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh tomato, if desired (optional)
- 2 slices precooked bacon, chopped, if desired (optional)
- 2 medium green onions, chopped, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt and egg until well blended.
- Press meat mixture in bottom of ungreased 8-in square glass baking dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of beef mixture reads 160 degrees F.
- Sprinkle with tomato, bacon and green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good and very easy to make. DH absolutely loved it. Next time I would like to make 3/4 ground beef and 1/4 sauage and throw in a can of green chilies. I added fresh garlic to the mashed potatoes and fresh ground pepper to meat and potatoes. Thank you so much for this easy recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2008
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two wonderful kids,6 and 12, my youngest loves to help in the kitchen. His specialties are homemade noodles and macaroni salad. My daughter loves all things macaroni and cheese! <br> In the summers, we spend a lot of time at the lake and on our four-wheelers. The littlest has started T-ball this year, and we are getting a big kick out of watching those little guys play. DD is into basketball and is my biggest helper. <br>I am not a baker. However; I have found many delicious recipes on this site that are challenging my baking abilities. My kids are encouraging me to keep polishing up my baking skills! <br>I love to collect cookbooks! Finding this site was a stroke of luck. Now, I can keep all my favorite recipes in one place, and put the less used books away to make room for new ones! <br><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/i-connected-125.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket></a> <br><img src=http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii31/bleupantry/RecipeZaar%20and%20other%20Food/Top%20Favs%20of%202008%20GAME/ParticipationBanner.jpg> <br><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg> <br><a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178/ title=banner3 by *sparkly*, on Flickr><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg width=500 height=250 alt=banner3 /></a>