Grilled Zucchini and Red Onion With Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
adapted from Cook Illustrated
- Ready In:
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut crosswise into four 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick planks (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- Putonion rounds, from side to side, onto 2 metal skewers. Brush onion and zucchini evenly with ¼ cup olive oil and season with 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt) and pepper to taste.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt (or ¼ teaspoon table salt) together in small bowl; set aside.
- Grill vegetables over medium heat, turning once, until tender and caramelized, 18 to 22 minutes (move vegetables as needed to ensure even cooking). Transfer vegetables to platter; remove skewers from onion and discard any charred outer rings. Rewhisk vinaigrette and pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am so glad that you posted this recipe from Cook's Illustrated. I love grilled zucchini and was looking for a new way to serve it. This is perfect and I love love LOVE(!) the onions with this. I don't think I had ever tried them like that before. And the vinaigrette is to die for. Thank you so much for posting. :)Reply