Grilled Vegetables with Salsa Verde
- Ready In:
- 2 medium eggplants, about 1 lb total
- 3 medium zucchini, about 1 1/4 lbs total
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 2 medium Belgian endive, about 10 ozs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 8 medium green olives, pitted and minced (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut zucchini and eggplant lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Core, seed and quarter the peppers.
- Slice endives in half lengthwise.
- Place all vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and toss all to combine.
- Combine parsley, capers, olives, lemon juice and remaining olive oil in a small bowl and set aside in the refridgerator to allow the flavors to combine.
- Grill or broil vegetables, turning them once until they are lightly browned on both sides.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving platter, spoon the salsa verde over them and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and mom of 2 vibrant little boys. They love to create and cook in the kitchen... I love their curiosity and willingness to try new foods and techniques as I introduce them. I love to cook... always have. Thanks to my father for this culinary passion! While I am addicted to collecting cookbooks, my dad taught me to experiment in the kitchen and gave me the gift of knowing that creative cooking doesn't have to come from a book.