Grilled Tofu with Chimichurri
- Ready In:
- Cut tofu block in half to get 2 pieces of 1/2 inch tofu from the 1 inch block.
- With the 2 pieces still together, slice them both in half width wise, then cut the halves in half to get 8 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Blot the cut tofu dry between paper towels.
- In a food processor or spice mill, grind the oregano, parsley, garlic, and pepper flakes until finely minced.
- Add the vinegar and 1 tbsp oil to the spice mixture and blend until a rough sauce forms.
- Transfer spice mixture to a bowl and season with salt to taste.
- Brush tofu slices with remaining tbsp of olive oil, then grill over medium flame or in a grill pan on medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side.
- Plate the tofu slices after grilling and spoon sauce over grilled pieces just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and mom of 2 vibrant little boys. They love to create and cook in the kitchen... I love their curiosity and willingness to try new foods and techniques as I introduce them. I love to cook... always have. Thanks to my father for this culinary passion! While I am addicted to collecting cookbooks, my dad taught me to experiment in the kitchen and gave me the gift of knowing that creative cooking doesn't have to come from a book.