Grilled Tofu Fillets in Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
For the mushroom sauce
- 5 1⁄2 ounces button mushrooms, washed and halved
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper, and
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
For the tofu fillets
- 9 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 4 teaspoons garlic paste
- olive oil
- To make the sauce, fry the mushrooms lightly in the butter in a small saucepan for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Add the cream and simmer over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg and set aside.
- Cut tofu in half then slice each half horizontally so that you get four thin slices from each-eight in all. Sandwich these pairs, using garlic paste as "glue" to make four fillets. Brush the tofu fillets all over with olive oil and cook them on a hot griddle, so they cook through and get marked with black grid lines, turning them to cook on both sides. Alternatively, you can shallow-fry them in olive oil until crisp and golden.
- When the fillets are done, quickly reheat the sauce and serve with them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!