Grilled Sweet Potatoes With Maple-Lime Marinade
Recipe is from the Vegetarian Grill cookbook. Sounds delicious!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Combine the lime juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk in the mustard. Slowly pour in the sesame oil and whisk constantly until the oil is emulsified. (Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks).
- Scrub the potatoes well or peel them, then trim the ends and slice horizontally into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place in a large bowl, add the marinade, and toss to coat each slice.
- Prepare a medium-low fire in the grill. Lift the sweet potatoes out of the marinade with a slotted spoon and grill, turning occasionally and basting with the remaining marinade, until tender when pierced with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was fabulous! I loved the taste from the mixture of maple, lime and soy sauce from the marinade. The potatoes were quite good. I did have to make one alteration in the cooking method though because it's so rainy outside, so grilling wasn't an option tonight. So instead, I roasted them in a baking dish for 40 minutes with the marinade poured over the top, and the texture was perfect. They were nicely roasted and fork tender but still moist and full of flavor. Made for Football Pool.Reply