Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
14 jalapeno halves
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon in a skilletover medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, and crumble bacon.
- Combine bacon, cheeses, and the next 4 ingredients through garlic in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Divide cheese evenly, and fill pepper halves.
- Place peppers cheese side up on grill, cover and grill peppers 8 minutes, or until bottoms of peppers are charred, and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Place peppers on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with tomato, and cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were awesome! I've made bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with just cream cheese/cheddar and those are pretty good. This filling had superior flavor and makes it really easy to fill the jalapenos since everything is mixed together. I made a bunch and froze the extras. Upon cooking the frozen ones, the results were still excellent.
Made this recipe, but modified it for baking in the oven. In the past I have made bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, but this recipe drew my interest since the bacon is cooked, chopped up, and placed in the filling. I only had bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese in the filling. I add a couple of dashes of chili powder and garlic powder to the cheese mixture as well. I lined my baking sheet with foil and set the unfilled peppers in the oven to partially cook them for about 10 minutes. Working with a kitchen towel in hand, I stuffed the peppers and returned them to the oven and baked them for 10-15 minutes. These are delicious!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>