Grilled Steaks (Indoors)
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs beef steaks, 2 well-trimmed (removed from fridge for 30 minutes to bring to room temperature Pat them dry with a paper towel)
seasoning (or recipe 206538)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat grill pan to very very hot.
- Rub seasoning evenly onto steaks then drizzle with olive oil and let it marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Place steaks in pan searing the steaks for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- After the steaks are seared, reduce the heat to moderately hot to hot and continue cooking the steaks to a desired doneness using the timing suggestions below.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter, and let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Cooking times below include the initial searing time. Give filet mignon one minute less to cook than other steaks.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- For best results, check the internal temperature for doneness with an instant-read thermometer a couple of minutes before the end of suggested cooking time.
Thickness and Times for Rare (120-130°F):
- 1 inch 8 minutes;.
- 1 1/4 inches 10 minutes;.
- 1 3/4 inches 12 minutes;.
- Thickness and Times for Medium Rare (130-140°F).
- 1 inch 10 minutes;.
- 1 1/4 inches 12 minutes;.
- 1 3/4 inches 14 minutes;.
Thickness and Times for Medium (140-150°F):
- 1 inch 13 minutes;.
- 1 1/4 inches 15 minutes;.
- 1 3/4 inches 17 minutes;.
Thickness and Times for Medium Well (150-160°F):
- 1 inch 18 minutes;.
- 1 1/4 inches 20 minutes;.
- 1 3/4 inches 22 minutes;.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!