Grilled Spinach N' Nut Veggie Burger
- Ready In:
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups brazil nuts
- 1 small onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted, ground into crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese (or any other variety hard cheese)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- In a food processor combine the first six ingredients. Pulse so that you can control the size of the ingredients; I like my chunky.
- Into a bowl, combine the chopped ingredients with the remaining six ingredients (like making a meatloaf)
- You can use your hands and squeeze the mixture until it holds together into a medium size ball. Press into patties. If patty doesn't hold together you have to adjust moistening by adding a teaspoon of liquid (vegetable juice or oil or vegetable broth) until mixture holds together. Spray grill with a non-stick spray.
- Patty cooks within minutes on each side.
- *If you are frying, take a patty, and dip into beaten egg, coat in breadcrumbs and fry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a "newbee" to this site, but not to cooking. I love great food and to share recipes and this site is great! I don't know where the information of a "fry cook" came from, but I would consider myself anything else but that :) A NYC girl originally, lived in London and Canada where I am now. Met lots of interesting people along life's way who taught me a great deal and enriched my life with their knowledge of cooking. With my children now adults, the family has doubled in size and my commitment to making memories to pass down to another generation inspires me to cooking. I find cooking a creative expression of one's personality and never tire of new challenges in the kitchen.