Grilled Spiced Apples and Onions
Good side dish with grilled pork or chicken.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large braeburn apples or 2 large gala apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Heat grill to medium direct heat.
- In a snall bowl, combine melted butter, oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and cloves. Mix and set aside.
- Place apple and onion slices on the hot grill. Brush tops with half of butter/oil mixture. Cover and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn apple and onion slices CAREFULLY with a meatal spatula so that onion rings do not seperate. Brush with remaining butter/oil mixture. Cover and grill for 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove from grill CAREFULLY so that onion rings do not seperate. Layer apple and onion slices on a serving platter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more