Grilled Shrimp Salad With Chili-Lime Dressing
- Ready In:
For the Shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 4 -6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 (12 inch) skewers
- For shrimp: In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Add shrimp and scallions and toss to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the salad: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, jalapenos, black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; let stand at room temperature while shrimp is marinating. In a large bowl, combine greens, avocado, and bell pepper.
- Generously coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Alternately thread shrimp and scallions into 8 skewers. Lightly sprinkle shrimp and scallions with salt and grill, turning once and basting with any remaining marinade, until shrimp just turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove shrimp and scallions from skewers and add to salad mixture. Add dressing and toss gently. Arrange salad on 4 plates and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!