Grilled Shrimp Po’ Boy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, spice
- 1 French baguette (I prefer mine lightly toasted)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
Spicy Remoulade Sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup stone ground mustard (preferably Creole)
- 1 clove garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 dash Frank's red hot sauce
- Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and Creole or Cajun seasoning mix. Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat and grill the shrimp for about 3 minutes each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside.
- Split the baguette horizontally, scoop out some of the bread (if desired), and spread the Spicy Remoulade Sauce on both sides of the bread.
- Place the shrimp on the bottom half of the baguette. Then pile on the shredded lettuce and tomato slices. Place the top half of the bread onto the sandwich, and divide the sandwich in half vertically to make two sandwiches.
- To Prepare Remoulade Sauce: Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!