Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs
You can't beat the simplicity for the great outcome.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- couple dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan combine 4 tablespoons of the marmalade, water, soy sauce and optional hot sauce; set aside.
- If skewers are wooden, pre-soak approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut pineapple into 4 crosswise slices; core and cut each slice in quarters to make 16 small wedges.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Thread on 4 skewers the shrimp alternating with pineapple wedges. Brush some of the marmalade-soy sauce mixture on shrimp and pineapple.
- Place skewers on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat. Grill 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are opaque and pineapple is heated through. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining marmalade-soy sauce mixture and bring to a full boil; remove from heat source.
- Transfer prepared rice mixture to a serving bowl; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons marmalade and cilantro.
- Serve kabobs with rice and boiled marmalade-soy sauce mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation