Grilled Sardines With Potatoes and Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from CanadianLiving website, and their description states that grilled sardines is a typical ingredient/recipe in Portuguese. My family likes sardines, so I thought I would publish this recipe for them and for ZWT.
- Ready In:
- 26 ounces fresh sardines
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, 1
- 1⁄2 lb potato, peeled
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into rings
- 1⁄3 cup olives 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- lemon wedge
- With scissors, slit underside of each fish; pull out guts. Rinse out cavity and pat dry. Sprinkle inside and out with pinch of the salt and some of the pepper; let stand for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Place green peppers on greased grill over high heat; close lid and grill, turning often, until charred. Let cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skin; seed and cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) wide strips. Place in large bowl.
- Place fish in grilling basket or on greased grill over high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until skin is golden brown and crisp, 6 to 12 minutes. Arrange in centre of serving platter.
- If desired, cut warm potatoes into chunks; add to peppers. Add onion, olives and parsley. In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and remaining salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Arrange around fish.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION