Grilled Salmon With Pecan Butter
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (can substitute chives)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon pecan oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pecan butter ingredients; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Rub salmon steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, broil, or pan-sear for 4-5 minutes on each side or until salmon is cooked to desired doneness. Transfer to dinner plates or a serving platter. Top each with a dollop of pecan butter. Pass the remaining butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The recipe was scaled to 2 servings. Keta salmon fillets was used in place of the steaks. The salmon was sprinkled with a seasoning blend and grilled. Loved the pecan butter addition. The pecan butter was made a little ahead and placed in the refrigerator until serving time. Made for Culinary Quest and Salmon 101 Challenge.