Grilled Salmon With Chili-Lime Sauce (Ca Nuong Gung; Nuoc Mam Ch
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The same marinade works with other meaty fish, or shrimp, and the sauce is grand even with plain rice. Recipe from the Quick and Easy Vietnemese Cook Book. Cook time does not include MARINATING time.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsley chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon onion
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 1 3/4 tuna, halibut or 1 3/4 other meaty fish
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 chili-garlic sauce or 1/4 hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- To marinate fish, in a medium bowl, combine the oil, ginger, garlic, shallots, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar and mix everything well. Place the salmon fillets in the bowl and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes, or cover and refreigerate for up to 1 day.
- To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl(last 6 ingredients on the list above).
- Stir to dissovle the sugar and mix everything well. Place on the serving platter you will use for the fish.
- To cook the fish, build a hot charcoal fire, preheat a gas grill, or preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the fish steaks carefully on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking, or bake about 15 minutes. transfer to the serving platter alongside the Chili-lime sauce and serve hot or warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION