Grilled Potatoes or Roasted Potatoes on the Grill
- Ready In:
- 4 large red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- seasoning salt
- Cook potatoes in microwave until tender but firm (about 3-4 minutes).
- Cool (at least an hour works best) and cube.
- Microwave onion pieces for about 1-2 minutes so they are slightly soft.
- Mix with cubed potatoes.
- Coat thoroughly (but lightly) with olive oil and as much seasoning salt as you like.
- Place mixture on grill, I recommend using a vegetable/seafood grate, over hot coals. Cover to prevent flair-ups due to the oil.
- Cook approximately 20 minutes, until golden, turning about every 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and/or ketchup.
- This method can be used for squash, broccoli, carrots etc.
- You can also use garlic salt or other spices like oregano in place of, or in addition to, the seasoning salt.
Join The Conversation
This recipe helped me figure out how to cook potatoes on the grill, but we changed it quite a bit. We don't have a grate for our grill so we use aluminum foil. Spray the bottom with Pam, put in potatoes with some butter, garlic salt, and pepper. On the grill for 30 and they are cooked and absolutely yummy. Thanks for gettin me started.
These were VERY good! Followed the recipe exactly and the flavor was great. It was 98 degrees here yesterday, so I was happy to be using the grill rather than heating my house up with the oven! The best part was the pieces of the sweet onion that got slightly charred! YUMMY! Thanks for this one, will make it often!