My husband loves pineapple, any way you make it. This is one of his new favorite ways to have it when we are cooking outside!
- Ready In:
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Prepare pineapple by removing the tops and the skin.
- Cut pineapple crosswise into six 3/4-inch-thick slices, remove the core.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar and curry powder.
- Grill pineapple slices on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or till heated through, turning once and brushing once or twice with butter mixture.
- Combine yogurt and coconut. To serve, cut pineapple slices in half. Serve warm with yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A wonderful way to serve pineapple. I used a bit more butter and brown sugar and curry powder to make sure I had plenty to coat the pineapple - which I chopped up and put on skewers. I also added a bit of cayenne to the mix. The yogurt-coconut mixture is heavenly on top of the warm pineapple. Thanks for posting!