Grilled Picnic Corn
- Ready In:
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively preheat the broiler to low, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Brush the corn with melted butter or olive oil. Grill the corn until hot and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill. Alternatively, broil the corn ears 6-inches from the heat source until charred spots appear, about 10 minutes. Flip the corn and broil for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the corn is charred, mix the cilantro, garlic, chile powder, salt, mayonnaise, and lime juice.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the corn, and sprinkle with Romano cheese. If desired, return the corn to the grill or broiler for just a few minutes. Serve warm with lime wedges.
Grilled Corn Serving Variations:
Smaller Portions For A Party:
- Cut each corn on the cob in half creating double the amount of servings.
Elotes Corn Salad:
- After charring the corn, cut it off the cob and toss with the mixed dressing, still serving with lime wedges and chopped cilantro. Easier.
- Make sure to provide your guests with plenty of napkins for eating. You can also stick a rounded skewer or popsicle stick in one end of the corn making it easier to pick up and eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!