Grilled or Oven Roasted Bell Peppers and Asparagus
Grilling asparagus is wonderful. If you cannot grill them, the oven works just as well.
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or can use olive oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Fire up the grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make butter sauce (or olive oil) by mixing melted butter with red pepper flakes, dried minced onions, and minced garlic.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Trim asparagus and cut off hard ends.
- Arrange asparagus spears and sliced bell peppers on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Coat vegetables with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Dirzzle butter sauce over vegetables. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus is just tender, but still crisp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tried this to go along with a grilled chicken dish as part of a low-carb meal. Cooked it in the oven at 400 as specified. It was excellent; flavorful and interesting with the garlic and onion pieces getting browned and the asparagus and peppers getting slightly charred in places. Very easy recipe, too. I might cook it a little less than 20 minutes next time, as the asparagus was pretty soft, but my husband approved. :-) This would make a nice company dish. Thanks!Reply
see 1 more