Grilled Miso Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (usukuchi shoyu)
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 2 green onions, crushed and slivered
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, skin intact
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- toasted sesame seeds
- Blend soy sauce, sake mirin, miso, green onions, ginger root and garlic in a rectangular baking dish.
- Coat chicken with mixture.
- Marinate 1 hour or refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- Preheat a hibichi, portable tabletop grill or charcoal grill. (Can also be cooked in a skillet.).
- Shake marinade off chicken; pat dry.
- Place skin-down on hot grill. Grill 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken; grill second side 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and done inside.
- When chicken is done, sprinkle with sesame seeds and seven-spice mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Flavors are great but we do not have a grill. I doubled the amount of marinade but used only 25 percent on the chicken which I placed in a zip lock bag to make more efficient use of the marinade. Stir fried the chicken (no need to blot dry) and then added the remaining marinade with 1 teaspoon corn starch. Served over rice.