Grilled Lamb Chops With Merlot Marinade
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love lamb chops -- although we don't have them often enough. The fresh herbs are a must.
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 12 fresh sage leaves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup merlot
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 lamb chops
- Combine the onion, garlic, sage, wine and olive oil in a large ziplock bag and squish to mix well; add the lamb chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
- Drain the lamb chops, reserving marinade.
- Pour reserved marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes.
- Arrange lamb chops on a grill rack.
- Brush with the cooked marinade and grill until chops are cooked through (about 10 minutes per side for well done but keep checking to make sure they are not overdone), basting occasionally with the cooked marinade.
- NOTE: If sage or rosemary grown in your garden, use a few sprigs as the marinade brush for extra flavor.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION