Grilled Lamb Chops in Mint Salsa Verde
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lamb loin chop (4 chops ,about 1 inch thick each)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups of fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 6 oil packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Rub the lamb chops with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper;set aside.
- Wash and finely chop all of the fresh herbs,mix together in a bowl.Finely chop all remaining ingredients-the anchovies,capers,and garlic,and add to the herbs.Drizzle in the olive oil and stir well ;set aside.
- Build a fire in a charcoal grill (of course you can use a gas or electric grill if you want to,but I promise you'll be missing out on a lot of flavor;the recipe says to set a gas grill to medium -hot)When the grill is ready add the lamb chops and turn when one side is browned.and continue cooking to your liking.6-8 minutes for medium-rare.10-12 minutes will give you medium well to well done.
- Drizzle with some of the sauce,serving the rest on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!