Grilled Lamb Burgers
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 T. dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (or 1 tea bag of peppermint tea leaves)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rice wine (or any cooking wine)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita breads (or rolls)
- Preheat grill to medium temperature (in the winter, we use the George Foreman grill with great results) In a large bowl, mix the lamb, cilantro, oregano, mint, and garlic.
- Add rice wine, white wine vinegar, and honey to lamb mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Throw spices into lamb mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve burgers inside pita rounds or rolls.
- Garnish as you like with sliced tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!