Grilled Hot, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons garlic granules (PLEASE don't use garlic powder or garlic salt!)
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (yes, THREE teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 20 chicken wings, wing tips removed
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together the first 9 ingredients (ketchup through chili powder).
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the marinade.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the wings from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Lightly brush or spray the wings with olive oil.
- Sear over direct, medium heat on the grill until well marked, 4-6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time.
- Continue grilling over INDIRECT medium heat until the meat is no longer pink near the bone, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with napkins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were quite tasty with nice color, but I would have liked a more spicy/complex flavor. I made another batch of chicken with a teriyaki marinade and I was surprised how similar the two different marinades tasted. The other on used fresh garlic and I tasted it more that way. I used this marinade on wings and breasts. The chicken needed some extra minding on the grill since they had a tendency to stick (I sprayed with PAM). These were good with mac n cheese! Thanks Hey Jude, for posting. Roxygirl